Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Window tinting in Roanoke

Old 06-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Unconfirmed User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Window tinting in Roanoke

I know a guy in Lynchburg that does great tinting.. quality and price...

However, I am looking for the same in Roanoke since I'm pretty much there 5+ days a week.

I'm up for shops or individuals doing it... Just need good quality at a decent price. I don't want to leave my vehicle anywhere that I feel shit can be stolen or with anyone who goes by their initials...
Old 06-28-2006, 06:10 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Window tinting in Roanoke

Not Tim's.. that's for sure.

He's very hit or miss, and I speak from personal experience. My own car, my girlfriends car, and a friends car are all starting to suffer from purple fade nearly two years later. I was told he was using Llumar film, but that is obviously not the case. In his defense, none of us have taken the cars back and asked him to re-do it, but I'm very hesitant to go tell someone I think they did a shitty job on my car and ask them to re-do it. That's like "Hey man.. this steak fucking sucks! Can you take it back to the back and have them make me another?" Fuck no. You won't want that steak!

I'd like my car to be fixed... but I'm afraid to have him rip the tint off the back quite frankly. Those defrost strips are very expensive and very sensitive. Last thing I want is to be held responsible for something someone else fucks up.

...also in his defense, I have seen several cars that Tim tinted that still look great. He did, however, do shit quality work on three of our cars. Period. I've heard the same from a few others too.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

flynlow has disabled reputation

I was told that Sun Solutions off Orange ave does good work. Haven't seen any work done by them but have heard from several people that they take care of their customers.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:45 PM
oh noes

1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by LLama

However, I am looking for the same in Roanoke since I'm pretty much there 5+ days a week.

I'm up for shops or individuals doing it... Just need good quality at a decent price. I don't want to leave my vehicle anywhere that I feel shit can be stolen or with anyone who goes by their initials...

greg at outta sight......FTW....i wouldnt let anyone else touch my car
Old 06-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1sol2nv
greg at outta sight......FTW....i wouldnt let anyone else touch my car
That's who I was talking about... I really think I'll have a hard time finding someone to do the quality that he does... especially for the price... but I was hoping for something in roanoke.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:52 AM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road

+ =
Old 06-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

Jdog906 has disabled reputation

wow
Old 06-30-2006, 01:48 PM
I really drive a Lex

Soon2BTurboEP3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LLama
..who's the guy in Lynchburg? Looking to get my car windows tinted.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Unconfirmed User

Originally Posted by Soon2BTurboEP3
..who's the guy in Lynchburg? Looking to get my car windows tinted.
Greg Harrison? I think? His business name is "Outta Sight"... he's over by the burger king in forest on 221.