Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Yet another reason I hate the beach...

Old 08-01-2005, 04:49 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Yet another reason I hate the beach...

Well, I have never liked the beach, but I go so my two daughters can have a good time. So, I'm down at Myrtle Beach over the weekend, and we are staying at a resort with a gate and a guard station that you have to have a pass to get into, so I figure my car's going to be fine there. It wasn't. Sometime over the weekend someone tried to steal the wing off my car. Apparently they used a screwdriver or something to pry up the base, but either stopped when they realized they couldn't unscrew the bolts, or somebody saw them, or something. So, now I have two big dents in my trunk lid, and two big areas with no paint.

Oh well, I guess it could have been worse, though. And, I've been thinking about going wingless for a while, so while my trunk is in the body shop, I'm going to have them go ahead and fill in the wing holes and paint the whole thing.

[/rant]
Old 08-01-2005, 05:08 AM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yet another reason I hate the beach...

The hotel didnt have cameras?
Old 08-01-2005, 05:08 AM
Luxury = Love

Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty

if you had said VA Beach i would have agreed 100%. SOrry to hear about that thought. There are bottom feeders everywhere
Old 08-01-2005, 05:38 AM
Registered Member

gilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these parts

hit me up man, dreamworkscustoms.net to see some of the work.717-0556
Old 08-01-2005, 05:43 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by gilligan
hit me up man, dreamworkscustoms.net to see some of the work.717-0556
A friend of mine works for the best paint shop in the area (possibly the state) and he's doing it for me. Thanks anyways, though...
Old 08-01-2005, 06:02 AM
Registered Member

00CivicGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cosmo
A friend of mine works for the best paint shop in the area (possibly the state) and he's doing it for me. Thanks anyways, though...
sorry to hear that..ive had some trouble down there as well but hell my car was parked at my moms when that happened lol...damn kids threw rocks in the parking lot and one hit my windshield..and no the parents wouldnt take responsibility. they said they would until i wanted the $ to have it repaired then they changed their tone..btw civil lawsuits do NOTHING

i was down this weekend as well. saw a few nice cars but for the most part i was shocked. i see some ricey stuff every once in a while but i swear, this weekend EVERY civic had alteezas and some chrome funk rims or some big ass wing...it was disgusting..anyways theres my beach story lol
Old 08-01-2005, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 00CivicGirl
sorry to hear that..ive had some trouble down there as well but hell my car was parked at my moms when that happened lol...damn kids threw rocks in the parking lot and one hit my windshield..and no the parents wouldnt take responsibility. they said they would until i wanted the $ to have it repaired then they changed their tone..btw civil lawsuits do NOTHING

i was down this weekend as well. saw a few nice cars but for the most part i was shocked. i see some ricey stuff every once in a while but i swear, this weekend EVERY civic had alteezas and some chrome funk rims or some big ass wing...it was disgusting..anyways theres my beach story lol
All I saw was Mustangs. There must have been some sort of Mustang gathering or something in town. I went up the strip one time and counted 45 Mustangs... then I lost count.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:07 AM
Registered Member

00CivicGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

All I saw was Mustangs. There must have been some sort of Mustang gathering or something in town. I went up the strip one time and counted 45 Mustangs... then I lost count.
yep i saw TONS of those..THrus they had a big meet up at Hooters and there were tons up there as well so im sure it was some sorta meet
Old 08-01-2005, 07:22 AM
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve

Well, I have never liked the beach, but I go so my two daughters can have a good time. So, I'm down at Myrtle Beach over the weekend, and we are staying at a resort with a gate and a guard station that you have to have a pass to get into, so I figure my car's going to be fine there. It wasn't. Sometime over the weekend someone tried to steal the wing off my car. Apparently they used a screwdriver or something to pry up the base, but either stopped when they realized they couldn't unscrew the bolts, or somebody saw them, or something. So, now I have two big dents in my trunk lid, and two big areas with no paint.

Oh well, I guess it could have been worse, though. And, I've been thinking about going wingless for a while, so while my trunk is in the body shop, I'm going to have them go ahead and fill in the wing holes and paint the whole thing.

[/rant]
Sorry to hear B wingless is so sexy tho
Old 08-01-2005, 07:24 AM

cimburke23 has disabled reputation

yeah my parents are down there for vacation and my step-dad (huge mustang/ford fanatatic) called and told me he had died and gone to heaven, apperantly its like a bike week for mustangs down there right now. he almost drove home to get his cobra so he could be "cool" also

Quick Reply: Yet another reason I hate the beach...