Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

You're Favorite Twisties

Old 02-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Yep...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaMach04 has disabled reputation
Default Re: You're Favorite Twisties

Originally Posted by myclone
221 on Bent mtn late at night (watch for cops at the church right before the top).
Rt 311 through catawba, paint bank, etc all the way to I-64.
Windy gap mtn (dunno how bad the cops are though).
460 west before Narrows where the west bound lanes follow the mtn up above the east bound lanes.
Go to snowshoe wv and about any road you take to get there is a blast with little to no cops (watch out for/expect wild life to be in the road though).

Not to be a wise ass but 20 minutes? Good God just messing with drivability timing/fueling tables it only takes me a little over 5 minutes and thats looking at the laptop 1/2 the time. BTW, you do know that a bedford county cop lives on that rd just before you get to the stop sign at the end? Just be aware that at any time you can meet up with a cop on that road and from what I hear from the locals she (they said it was a she...I dunno) isnt real leniant on traffic violations. Depending on what Im driving I make sure the exh dump is open so she can hear to turbo as I go by or Im twisting the SBC 6800rpm so she can hear the two chamber mufflers as I go by but thats just me being my asshole/cop disliking self. Your results may vary .

oh crap, i just noticed that....

The 20 minute thing was an edit.
It should have been with Mt. Pass Rd., The road to goodview doesnt even take 5 minutes.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:46 AM
HOORAY BEER!!

cantseemyfeet has disabled reputation

I love 501 from lynchburg to Buena Vista. Love that view..
Old 02-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

TSIBrat has disabled reputation

Rt43 in Botetourt no matter what end can be a blast.... basically any road in the northern part of botetourt is fun to let loose on. But my all time favorite road to drive the Quest on is Crystal Creek (spelling??) in the Cave Spring area. Lived on 221 for close to a year and loved driving that road any chance I got.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TSIBrat
Rt43 in Botetourt no matter what end can be a blast.... basically any road in the northern part of botetourt is fun to let loose on. But my all time favorite road to drive the Quest on is Crystal Creek (spelling??) in the Cave Spring area. Lived on 221 for close to a year and loved driving that road any chance I got.
Is that the road off leaving fincastle from the courthouse hill, that heads towards roaring run?

That road is great, but there is some gravel sometimes...
Old 02-28-2006, 06:38 PM
beep beep

Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie

Seeing now that cootees and i live spitting distance from Mountain Pass. Its a fun road but DONT DO IT IF YOU DONT KNOW IT..some very blind turns-ins. esp where Laymantown Rd. connects to it. ive almost got hit a few times cause some nutsack tried to fly around a turn as i was pulling on to Mtn. Pass.

Bent Mountain is scary. i just had a friend die on that road a few months back. (no she wasnt flyin. night time + rain + deer=BAD ).

Goose Creek in Montvale is fun.

311 is hella fun. plenty of room but if you get to rt42 in New Castle BE CAREFUL.

Wendy Gap is ok. going down that in the integra was fun
Old 02-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

TSIBrat has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by GaRn
Is that the road off leaving fincastle from the courthouse hill, that heads towards roaring run?

That road is great, but there is some gravel sometimes...
rt43 is the road that runs from Buchanan to Eagle Rock. My favorite part of it is the section that runs from Buchanan up to the parkway, then on up to the Peaks. Always a fun ride in the quest.

Mountain Pass is fun too, always take it when I'm heading over to the Blue Ridge area.

These back country roads is where it's at. Taking the mountain roads over by Rich Patch on the way to Lowmore/ Clifton Forge is a blast too..

Bent Mtn never bothered me, guess living at the base of the Mtn for a while and driving everyday to see my (now ex) boyfriend that grew up on Bent Mtn for almost 4 years that road jus got boring to me.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:13 AM
Registered Member

myclone has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by L1LAS1N
311 is hella fun. plenty of room but if you get to rt42 in New Castle BE CAREFUL.
I dont try to have any fun until I get north of new castle. Too much traffic and from new castle back to hanging rock Ive seen three or four cops at various locations running radar. Ive even seen a cop sitting right at the bottom of the mtn going out of new castle once. I wait until I start up the mtn out of new castle before I start hammering it since the traffic is quite a bit less or even better is late at night but there are deer EVERYWHERE then so your chances of stuffing one into the grill are pretty high.

Wendy Gap is ok.
Ive only driven it 4 or 5 times and it looks to be fun but there seems to be a LOT of traffic too. I would immagine with that much traffic there are regular patrols through there but I dunno how heavy its patrolled since I dont get to drive windy gap but maybe once or twice a year.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

I think I figured it out, my favorite road would probably be Grove Hill Rd. (Rt. 606) then Craig Creek Rd (Rt. 615) heading towards Roaring Run. The latter parts of Craig Creek Rd kinda suck but its worth it.. I usually take a loop on the bike then back down 220 to Fincastle..

Just watch out for gravel especially going back down the mountain..
Old 03-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GaRn
I think I figured it out, my favorite road would probably be Grove Hill Rd. (Rt. 606) then Craig Creek Rd (Rt. 615) heading towards Roaring Run. The latter parts of Craig Creek Rd kinda suck but its worth it.. I usually take a loop on the bike then back down 220 to Fincastle..

Just watch out for gravel especially going back down the mountain..
Craig creek rd. sucks after you get up the mountain.

I can't for the life of me remember the name or where this road is at but a couple years ago a bunch of us took it to get up to bent mountain. Adam, you may remember it.. it's back when you still hung out with todd and jamie back when Ross was heading things up. It was a very slim single lane road on the side of the mountain. It was a great spark throwing road.

Mountain pass I guess is fun for most of you. I've liived in Lake Forest right off of mountain pass for most of my life(and am now back there) so I seem to think it is rather bland now.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:52 PM
EtHuGn' N dA NoKe!!!

IntegraXSi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TSIBrat
But my all time favorite road to drive the Quest on is Crystal Creek (spelling??) in the Cave Spring area.

Many Time attacks there when I still had my DA .. Love that road

Quick Reply: You're Favorite Twisties